Risk and Compliance Disclosures
Updated and Effective as of September 12, 2018
This Risk and Compliance Disclosure should be read in conjunction with the Terms of Service (Terms) of OKEX MALTA LTD and Aux Cayes FinTech Co. Ltd (“OKEx”). In plain English, we want you to understand the important risks and compliance matters while you trade on our platform.
- 1.Trading is Risky
- The risk of loss in trading or holding digital assets can be substantial. You should therefore carefully consider whether trading in digital assets or any levered or derivative digital assets is suitable for you in light of your financial condition.
- 2.OKEX Does Not Accept Nor Settle in Any Fiat Currency
- While other platforms can help you settle or withdraw in fiat currency, OKEx does not allow nor enable settlement or withdraws in fiat currency. OKEx is a digital asset-only trading platform. The plain English analogy is that if you are looking for a heavy metal concert, don’t go into a classical music concert by mistake … you may come out with a headache.
- 3.Digital Assets are Not Money Nor Fiat Currency
- While there are other trading or exchange platforms that help convert or liquidate digital assets into money or fiat currency, we do not provide such service. OKEx does not view digital assets as money or fiat currency as digital assets are NOT backed by any government or central bank.
- 4.We Do Not Accept Certain Customers
- OKEx seeks to be a robust international trading platform and a good corporate citizen. As a result, we cannot and do not want customers in jurisdictions that i) have banned activities involving digital assets, ii) require costly cross-jurisdictional regulations, or iii) are on international sanction lists. To maintain our strong reputation in the market and to abide by certain jurisdictions that have unique regulatory requirements on our operating entities, we have decided to not seek nor accept customers from certain jurisdictions including Hong Kong, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Crimea, Sudan, Malaysia，Syria, USA [including all USA territories like Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Island, and the US Virgin Islands (St. Croix, St. John and St. Thomas)], Bangladesh, Bolivia, Ecuador, and Kyrgyzstan. We simply do not wish to run afoul with various countries’ regulations.
- 5.We May Help Governments
- While we may not welcome costly regulations, we respect regulations and comply with applicable regulations. As good corporate citizens, we may be asked for information from law enforcement authorities and will assist if permissible by law. What this means is that our platform only welcomes law abiding customers. We welcome the opportunity to earn your business, in return we require that you act legally and properly on our platform.